You’ve poured your heart and soul into creating the best product or service that you possibly can and therein lies the problem. You are so close to it that you probably find it hard to step back and take an objective look at your handiwork.
A product launch manager will bring a fresh pair of eyes to your launch team. He will be able to see how best to position your offer to make the biggest impact.
There are more phenomenal products lying on dusty shelves unsold than there are out there wowing their target audience. And the reason is that their creators never considered this simple fact… 80% of the success of your product is down to the quality of the marketing strategy used to launch into the market.
You are an expert in your field. That’s how come you created such a fantastic product. Does that
To be frank the answer is probably… No
The key to a successful product launch is to create a team made up of experts in all the disciplines required – copywriting, tech support, marketing strategy and more – You are not looking for clones of yourself. You are looking for people who can bring something new to the party.
Hiring a product launch manager will fast track this process and ensure that your launch team is ready for action on day one.
Here are 5 key elements that he will make sure you get right
#4. Launch Story
That is assuming that you have already nailed
- your core concept based on the innovative approach that you bring to what may be an age old problem
- your market research by validating that there really are people out there with money who will immediately get the value of your offer without long explanations
Here’s the thing. I know you already understand this but 100% of little is not nearly as impressive in terms of dollars and cents as 35% of tremendous. A good product launch manger will make all the difference in your launch.
In fact they do a lot more than just make for a successful launch. He or she will take your business to an entirely new level. You will make money but there’s a lot more to it than that…
- Your prospect list will grow
- Your customer list will do the same
- You will attract new JV partners and affiliates
- Doors will open to you and your little black of important connections leading to new business opportunities
- You will be positioned as the go to guy in your niche allowing you to charge more per unit sold and make more sales too
So the question then becomes can you afford not to hire a product launch manager? Do you have the time? Do you have the experience? Do you have the expertise? Do you have the connections? Would you hire yourself to do your own product launch?
If the answer to these questions are all yes, you found the right product launch manager – yourself. Congrats!
If not, do you have a product that meets these criteria? Then you should seriously consider hiring a product launch manager.
- Ready to sell product (helpful if it has been successful in the past)
- Be trusted and liked by your customer base
- Provide high margin, high ticket products (info products are ideal)
- Have a large receptive list of customers and prospects
- Enjoy relationships with companies who will promote for you
If you don’t or you don’t have the resources to hire a dedicated product launch manager
Consider hiring a product launch coach who you can guide you. You still control the reigns, find the people to build out your team, and are accountable for all the nuts & bolts of the launch – but when you get stuck you can contact a seasoned pro who can point you in a new direction, who can give you perspective, who can recommend resources, who can make all the difference in the success of your launch.
Still beyond your reach? Then start building connections and create a mastermind group where everybody contributes to the success of each other. Is this the fastest route to success? No, but at least it’s a start and that’s nothing to sneeze at.
There are many ways to achieve your goals but the bottom line is take some action to move forward, whether that’s by hiring someone to manage the entire project, consulting with someone to guide you or by taking the reigns yourself. Each path can result in tremendous results. Just pick one and take action.
– You may be wondering how much hiring a product launch manager will cost and the quick answer is not as much as you might expect. Our aim is to structure a win-win sort of a deal with clients. We get paid when you get paid. That is we work on a percentage of the ‘pre-return’s gross’ revenue that your product launch makes. Naturally, you have to pay a fee to get on our calendar. We can only take on 2 or 3 clients per year so our time is valuable and we must know what our schedule is well in advance. It would be unfair on our other clients if we didn’t insist on this. Find out more by booking a free consultation with me now