- by Rory Ramsden
To get off to a flying start you want to spend some time framing your product launch and building momentum. Here are 4 goals by which you can measure your progress…
#1. List Building – Filling your launch list with pre-qualified prospects who have raised their hands to express an interest is your primary goal. The bigger the list you create the ore successful your product launch will be
#2. Positioning – You may be seen as an expert by your peer group but what about your audience? Running a carefully planned momentum building campaign will position you as an authority in your niche
#3. Money – positioning yourself as an authoritative guide to your audience will allow you to recommend quality products to them. Affiliate income will follow and you will test your market’s appetite to buy at various different price points. This lead to greater insight into what you should include in your offer and why. You will discover hat works and what doesn’t. These results may challenge your pre-existing assumptions and beliefs. Be prepared to jettison those that are found wanting and focus on what your market really wants to buy.
#4. Engagement –Warming up your audience and building rapport is an essential precursor to a successful product launch. This campaign will ensure that your audience come to see you as a friend and ally that they can depend on to steer them right.
This list is not supposed to be comprehensive. You may have other goals to add but be sure to define those clearly and set up mechanisms by which you can measure your progress
Getting your audience’s mindset right is crucial
However to start with you want to root your whole campaign in the NOW by framing it in the context of a culturally relevant incident which has made your audience fearful. Fearful of the impact that this will have on them in terms of lost income, their health or well being depending on your niche. Pointing to such an event and synthesizing its meaning will help you to position yourself as the authority figure in your niche
Here are 11 powerful ways to do that using video, text and audio channels to appeal to your audience…
1. Inbox Magazine – This is email base. The frequency that works best for you is for you to test. It could be bi-weekly, weekly or every 14 days.
2. Ibook – Writing a book and publishing it in the Apple store is simple. Giving it away as a free download will help your drive traffic to your site too
3. Kindle Book – Now you have got your ebook ready, publish it on the Kindle network too.
4. Review Blog – Reviewing books and products available in your niche will allow to point your audience at the good ones and become a trusted source of advice.
5. Webinars – Now you have identified the best of the best, follow up your blog review with a Webinar with the author or product owner. This is a great way to create social proof by associating yourself with known authority figures.
6. Amazon Book Reviews – One way of getting an author’s attention before you invite him to join you on a teleseminar is to make a quick video review of his book and post it on Amazon. Building your presence here will get you seen by people in your niche. And not just anybody either. These will be people browsing with credit card in hand so they are your potential customers.
7. Facebook Business Page – Creating a product specific Facebook business page will allow you to be found by your prospects especially if you integrate your blog comments wit Facebook too. Those comments will appear in the feeds of your blog visitors where their friends will see it too.
8. Twitter – It goes without saying that you should run a carefully targeted marketing campaign on Twitter too. Search using your main money keywords and see who shows up. Follow the people who are most relevant. Re-tweet their stuff. Get noticed and who knows where this will lead to. Especially if you make personal contact using Skype.
9. Hand Curated Directories – This is more about getting your review blog noticed and building traffic to it. Just Google ‘hand curated blogs’ to identify the ones to approach and go to work.
10. Article Directories – Focus on the top performing half dozen to start with
11. Press Releases – This again is a traffic driving strategy
The key to success with all these channels is to make sure that you are providing high quality unique content. That itself will require you to develop a system which ensures that you are not involved with every single detail but still maintain control of the output. I’ll go into that another time but for the moment let’s just say that you have to outsource the smart way which is not the way most people do it.
If you have not done a launch before or even if you have and now realize that hiring a launch manager would be a smart thing to do, you may be wondering how much hiring a product launch manager will cost. The quick answer is not as much as you might expect. Our aim is to structure a win-win sort of a deal with clients. We get paid when you get paid. That is we work on a percentage of the ‘pre-return’s gross’ revenue that your product launch makes. Naturally, you have to pay a fee to get on our calendar. We can only take on 2 or 3 clients per year so our time is valuable and we must know what our schedule is well in advance. It would be unfair on our other clients if we didn’t insist on this. Find out more by booking a free consultation with me now