3 Advanced Product Launch Secrets That Help You Sell Like Crazy

Product Launch - 3 secret tactics

80/20

 

Creating your unique solution to the major challenge that the market can’t solve by itself is only 20% of the project that you have taken on. Executing your product launch marketing strategy is the other 80%. And the crux to its success is how well you strong the triangle of trust that you create is.

 

You see, Edelman’s Digital Survey found that fewer than one in three people trust marketing messages. That’s a pretty dismal number which accounts for the crisis of confidence that your prospects have to overcome before they will buy from you. The flip side of the coin is that when you have positioned yourself as the expert authority, the trusted adviser and the go-to person in your niche people will buy from you even when your product is no better than anyone else’s… And at a higher price

 

The key therefore is to  achieve this positioning quickly and effectively so your debut in a new market has the maximum impact required to allow you to blow past the competition as if they were standing still.

 

This is what Michael Stelzner did when launching socialmediaexaminer.com. Within 2 weeks of its launch, the site had joined the ranks of Technorati’s Top 100 Small Business Blogs. Within 2 years, it has 80,000 subscribers !

 

Understanding the marketing strategy behind such a successful product launch will certainly give you an edge when it comes to your start up.

 

Here are the key points…

 

#1. Cage Your Marketing Messages

 

You are understandably keen to talk about your glittering ideas, your track record and your shiny new products but sadly you may find that your prospects are not so keen to listen. All they want to know is what’s in it for them. So cage your marketing messages and focus on delivering free and valuable content that helps them get what they want.

 

Doing this will build your credibility and authority. Your people will come to rely on you as their trusted adviser. This expert status is key to being able to charge top dollar and have your customers love you for it

 

#2.  Reach Out To Known Experts

 

As the new kid on the block, you are effectively a nobody. Helping known experts in you niche achieve their goals by selling their products as an affiliate will get you noticed. It’s just a short step to inviting them to an interview LIVE online. Doing this is a win win situation. They get to sell more stuff. Your do too…. But there is a much more subtle benefit.

 

There is an implied endorsement for you by being seen in such company. This is otherwise known as social proof and is a vital element in your credibility building strategy – Go here and watch my interview with Michael Stelzner

 

#3. Validate Your Market Research

 

Not being a knock-em dead copy writer really does not matter if you have an intuitive understanding of the people in your core market. If they identify you as one of them by the language you use when empathizing with the challenges they face, they will forgive you almost anything provide you are open and honest with them

 

Homing in on their hopes, dreams, irrational desires and attitudes does not happen overnight but one quick way to validate your research is to get on the phone with people. Getting them to ask questions at the end of your interviews is one way. Speaking to existing clients another. Or just simply talking to friends will at least give you a reality check.

 

Whatever you do, make sure your first product launch is ‘secret’. That is, you just do it a segment of your list. Doing this will allow you to test all your systems and more importantly your offer. AND get the most valuable feedback from your new clients. Just ask simple questions in a conversational way. They’ll be pleased to help…

 

If you have a product launch planned in the next six months and you want someone to look over your plans, I’d be happy to jump on the phone with you and help you pinpoint the weaknesses in your launch strategy. It’ll cost you nothing but your time. It will bring things into focus and pay massive dividends on launch day. This product launch evaluation is designed to help you get your product to the launch pad so that you can take your business to the next level  Contact us now to find out more.

 

Uncategorized

Share the love...

Rory Ramsden