- by Rory Ramsden
Your “Product Launch Blog” is the hub of your product marketing strategy. It is here that you must deliver valuable content. Pushing the free line by delivering a ‘lite’ version of one aspect of your product or service allows prospects to take action immediately and then join the launch conversation by leaving a comment.
Probably the best way to do this is through video – To which you can add a ‘fast start action guide’ in the form of a pdf – because visitors will get to see you walking the walk, talking the talk and instantly get a sense of who you are and what you are about.
This transparency builds like-ability, credibility and authority. The triangle of trust that your people must have before they will take out their credit cards and buy.
Here are 10 must-haves for your product launch blog
- Opt-in Form – to allow prospects to ‘raise their hand’ to say they are interested by subscribing to your email list
- Social Share Buttons – They allow your visitors to spread the word and increase the viral nature of your launch. The big 2 are Twitter and Facebook. Offering too many is almost as bad as having none at all.
- Authenticity -Should be central to your whole product marketing strategy. Don’t try and be someone that you are not. You will be spotted immediately. Just be yourself
- Transparency – Being a self-deprecating is engaging. Your audience knows that you are not the font of all knowledge so if you don’t know the answer to a question say so…
- Listen – Being able to listen to the conversation is just as important as joining it by speaking. You will spot objections and be able to deal with them in your next video.
- Stimulate Comments – The best way to get people to comment is to ask a rhetorical question and then offer an incentive
- Video – People will only take time to watch video, if you grab them by the eyeballs in the first 10 seconds.
- RSS Feed – Using your RSS feed and a service like TweetAdder will allow you to post to your Twitter account and mvre importantly it will allow others to do the same.
- Integration – Integrate your blog with your Facebook business page so that your posts appear there automatically and help to build engagement there too.
- Mobile – The number of smart phones will surpass feature phones in use in the USA by Q4 in 2011. The number of Facebook and Twitter status updates being made on-the -move is exploding. Make your blog mobile friendly.
Your product launch will take time to put together. Work out a detailed product marketing strategy then break each section down by identifying the most appropriate tactics to use. Then step down again so you have a detailed action plan.
Be sure that during your launch sequence you will have to make decisions on-the-fly so remain flexible. This makes planning all the more important because without a route map to your goal, you will not know how that little detour you are forced to take will impact other areas of your product launch.
Did I miss a must-have for your product launch blog?
Tell me what you would add by leaving a comment below…
- The Power of a Personal Recommendation
- 101 Must-See Digital Marketing Charts and Graphs
- The Proof Series #14: Leveraging Social Proof
- Flipboard: A Must-have Social Magazine App For iPad